Rite Aid Trip 07/31/12
Went to Rite Aid to pick up a few items. A couple ended up being money-makers.
I did two transactions.
- 2 – Crest Complete 1L $5.00 ea
- 2 – Revlon nail files $1.99 & $0.99 ea (Buy 1 Get 1 50% off)
- 1 – Accu-Chek Nano SmartView System $9.99
- 2 – $0.75/1 Crest Rinse 458ml or larger
- 1 – $1.00/1 Revlon beauty tool, any
- 1 – $10.00/1 Accu-Chek Nano SmartView System
- 1 – $7.00 UP
*Retail Value before sale prices, coupons and w/o tax $38.55
- 2 – Crest 3D White toothpaste 4.0 oz $2.99 ea
- 2 – $0.75/1 Crest toothpaste or gel 4.0 oz or larger
- 1 – $4.00 UP (from first transaction)
*Retail Value before sale prices, coupons and w/o tax $8.58
I was planning on my OOP being lower on my first transaction, but I brought the wrong Rite Aid coupon with me. Doh!
I was actually planning on purchasing two tweezers @ $2.49 ea (B1G1 50% off) and then using the $2.00 off any Revlon eye beauty tools or brow pencils Rite Aid coupon but they were out of them. Instead I found the two nail files which were actually cheaper, but left my $2.00 off any Revlon nail and pedicure beauty tools Rite Aid coupon at work along with my other $1.00/1 Revlon beauty tools coupons.
I normally always take my coupons with me, but not this time! But it’s okay, it still ended up being a money-maker, even though it could have been for $2.00 more.
I also could have used the B1G1 Crest Rinse free coupon, but didn’t even remember I had it. I think if I would have used and brought the correct Rite Aid coupon, my OOP would only have been $1.73 + tax. (After thinking about this, I don’t think this scenario would work. I think I may have been able to use the B1G1, but probably not with the Rite Aid coupon).
Even though I’ve been couponing for a while, I still make mistakes. But you learn each time.
I’m still happy with my results and I’m left with $13.00 UP’s to use on my next visit. I sure hope they have some good deals coming up!