An Awesome App: Evernote
Evernote has to be my favorite app of all time. I think I use it practically every day.
If you have never heard of it, it’s pretty much a catch-all for everything! It helps you get organized and keeps your mind free of clutter. It can be with you at home or work on your computer or go with you on your phone (iPhone, Android, Blackberry) or iPad. It doesn’t matter how many devices you have.
You can keep typed messages, documents such as pdf’s, pictures and even voice messages. You can create different notebooks, check lists, and tags to search and it can even search your handwritten notes after you take a picture of them.
Some of the ways I use Evernote:
- To keep recipes I find or even from magazines by looking them up online and adding from there so I can toss the actual magazine. This way if I’m at the store and want to make something from a recipe but I forget what may be needed, I can check the ingredients to see if there is anything I’m missing.
- For financial, organizing or other articles I want to read and refer back to – which is awesome… because if you want to remember where it came from you can use the link it saves when you copy it from the page into your Evernote on your computer.
- To keep track of coupon deals I find from the different sites I follow.
- Because it can hold pdf’s, I keep owner manuals for items I own (food processor, camera, vacuum, computer, etc.). Most of these you can find online too. Really helpful if there is a replacement item you may need.
- For my home, I take pictures of the lightbulbs or air freshener refills I use so I know what to replace them with when I’m at the store.
- For my car, I take a picture of the windshield wipers or cabin air filter I bought so when I need to replace them again, I already know what size is needed. I also keep receipts for the service I have done (oil changes, tune ups, etc.) so that way when I’m out to get another and the mechanic tells me something I might need, I just pull up and check my Evernote to see when that last service was done.
- Wish list, birthday & Christmas present ideas. When I find an item I like or I think someone else might like, I will copy it from the website and add it in my Evernote.
- For travel, I have a packing list that is there for all the time. I even have one for my dog so when he stays with friends while I’m away, I can remember all the items I left for him (bed, toys, leash, food, bowls, etc.)
- For pictures or notes that you do directly through Evernote on your phone it can also log the location you were at when you took that picture or note.
This is just a sampling. There are so many other ways you can use it.
I’m telling you. I just love it. I could go on and on and on.
If you haven’t tried it out, you really should.
Best of all it’s FREE! There is also a premium option for purchase, but for the amount of space you get with the free account, I haven’t had any issues. You’re allowed 60 mb per month with the free account.
Let me know what you think of it and how you use it.